Savannah's 7th Birthday

It's official.  Our daughter is a full blown kid.  When she hit kindergarten, she still seemed like such a little girl, but somehow she is 7.  It's hard for me to believe that we have now celebrated 2 birthdays in Colorado.  I used to stress myself out over birthdays, but over the past couple of years, I've let a lot of the little things go, I quit stressing over how perfect everything needs to look, and started really enjoying celebrating and watching the kids get into it.  This year's celebration was a hodgepodge of themes.  I wanted to start getting in the habit of celebrating birthdays on the actual day, so we celebrated with an after school playdate.  She invited 6 friends, and we had a tea party.  She also received a chocolate fountain as a Valentine's gift from her grandparents (Mommy, my dreams are coming true!!) so that made an appearance at the birthday playdate as well.  After the tea party, the girls smothered fruit in chocolate and played dress up.  After all the girls went on their way, her Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Kelly, and Mr Dan came over to have pizza and cake and open round 2 of presents.  We even had a binary lesson, courtesy of Uncle Jeremy!  Somehow I didn't get a picture of the binary lesson, but I was able to snap a few of most everything else.  Happy Birthday Savannah.  Seems like yesterday and a million years ago that I was writing your birth story.
Oh yea, get it girl.

Chalkboard table cloth and decorations by her sweet friend Juliette

Balloons selected by the birthday girl

We had to bedazzle the bouquet

The girls having their tea party



Cheesing it up with a rose bud

Opening presents

Precious friends.  Later they festooned the stairs with rose petals

We even used my vintage tea cups.  None were broken!  These were my grandmother's cups.

Love this photo of her about to blow out her candles.  

The fam. Thanks for the photo Uncle Jeremy.

She got a new set of wheels for her birthday!  Her other bike was way too small.

Uncle Jeremy, Aunt Kelly, and G-man.  I love this kid so much it hurts my insides.












2 comments

Unknown said...

Belated happy birthday to your girl! Loved the way you expressed your emotions through this post. My son is just 6 and he love parties. He wants us to host a grand superhero birthday party on his 7th birthday at his favorite event space. Thinking to grant his wish this time.

Heather said...

Thanks Curtis03 Lewis! Sounds like a fun idea :)