Grammy is better than school



Going from 5 miles away from your grandparents to almost 1000 miles away is drastic.  Thank God for FaceTime.  Though the FaceTime sessions are a-plenty, seeing Grammy, Pappy, Nana and Papa is super special.  For Grammy's most recent visit, we decided to surprise the kids.  I even captured it on video.  
Grammy planned her visit to fall during the kids spring break so no one would have to miss school however Mother-Nature had different plans.  The Denver metro area experienced a full blown blizzard and the airport actually shut down the day she was supposed to arrive...which was crazy because 24 hours before she was supposed to arrive the kids were wearing shorts.  No lie.  The weather here fluctuates like crazy, especially when the seasons are turning.  Anyway, she ended up postponing her trip until the following month and it turned out brilliantly.  
I took Savannah out of school though, which always makes me a little nervous, but I've decided I need to let that go because you know what?  Grammy is better than school.  Hubs and I were just having a conversation about how some parents stress over what camp their kid is going to go to over the summer lest they don't get enough "school."  I get it; I remember being scared as a kid that I was going to "forget" everything.  The summer is a long time.  However, it's just amazing the development that can happen when you just spend lots of time just talking to your kid one on one.  Their needs aren't that complicated. I notice this when they spend a lot of time with my mom.  She spends so much time listening to them, reading to them and just talking to them.  When they've spend lots of time with her I always notice a jump in their vocabulary and little leaps forward in their development. It's fascinating and wonderful.
Here's are some moments and photos captured during Grammy's trip. 




















Grammy Surprises Caleb and Savannah_4.20.16 from Heather Conkin on Vimeo.











No comments